Saturday, February 11, 2006

living in candyland

I find myself in a constant state of analysis and scepticism of society.

I look around me, I see the strip malls, the multiplicity of Starbucks, the credit cards, and I think: all is an illusion. Americans are living in Candyland now, and the candy will soon wash away in the rain. This city, and every city, will be full of empty stores in some number of years time, rotting evidence of our stupidity, waste and hubris. It is hard to watch history's largest train wreck occur, in slow motion, right before your eyes. It could be avoided, but instead we choose to charge full speed into the catastrophe of the Greatest Ever Depression.

What to do? My advice: buy gold and silver coins, get a sewing machine, get a garden. Make friends with your neighbors.

No comments: